Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Movie Geekiness: "Incredible Hulk" theatrical poster



Universal Pictures today released to media outlets the final theatrical poster for their entry into this summer's superhero movie mayhem, "The Incredible Hulk".

Maybe it's just me, but looking at this image, with Bruce Banner (Edward Norton this time out) in the center of the image, walking with head downcast and sadness weighing upon him as palpably as the bag slung across his shoulders, I can almost hear the piano tones of the theme song from the "Incredible Hulk" TV show with Bill Bixby and Lou Ferigno. I know I'm one of the few right now, amongst the many out there who still remember the last "Hulk" movie and were disappointed by it, but I think they're on the right track with this one. Everything I've seen so far in terms of marketing and trailers tells me this is a Hulk character and story that will feel much more familiar to the general movie-going populace, in addition to being quite the superpowered beatdown once the two gamma-irradiated combatants, Hulk and Emil Blonsky/Abomination (Eric Roth), get down to business.

Not nearly as excited for this one as I am for "Iron Man", of course, but I'll go see this one, for sure, and I'm hopeful it will succeed more than its predecessor.

0 comments: