Thursday, May 15, 2008

Action Figure News: NECA's upcoming "Conan the Barbarian" series!




Okay, so maybe these are a tad late, considering the movie first came to theaters in 1982. But anyone with a taste for nostalgia (yes, that would be ME) and who would agree that Conan the Barbarian is still one of Schwarzenegger's best films (and the better of the two Conan films, though I know some who would debate that) I think would agree that these are VERY well done renditions of Ah-nald in all his Cimmerian blood-soaked glory. What's most impressive to me is the facial sculpts on both figures--not only do they REALLY look like Schwarzenegger, but they accurately reproduce his facial expressions in those scenes in the film (his days as a pit-fighter slave near the beginning and the attack on Thulsa Doom's temple, respectively)! NECA's really outdone themselves with this assortment ... guess I'm going to have to find room somewhere in my place for these, too ...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they make statues of Subotai and Valeria painted like they were in the cave scene as well.