Thursday, January 10, 2008

Action Figure News: Mezco's "Heroes" Series 1 Figures

Any fans of the TV show Heroes out there? Fans of the 1st Season, at least? Well, if you are, then you're really going to get a kick out of these new action figure offerings from Mezco Toyz. "Heroes" Series 1 includes renditions of Sylar, Peter Petrelli, Nakamura Hiro (yes, that's not a typo, that's how his name would be said in Japanese, family name first), Claire Bennett, and Mohinder Suresh. No word on variants, yet, but with how hot these properties should be, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about variants soon. No word yet on when these will be in stores, but after seeing them I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for release dates. Check 'em out!



Mezco has been doing figures based on movie and TV properties for some time now, the most famous of which have been their cult hit Living Dead Dolls. What always gets me about their licensed property work is how well they do the faces of the characters they tackle. In this set, I'd say Hiro is the one who impresses me the least, but Sylar, Peter, and Claire are pretty damn impressive. Also the detail on the accessories each figure comes with is worth mentioning--how about the photo of the late Dr. Suresh on the back of the book the Mohinder figure comes with? One question I have, though, is why do three of the five characters come with shoulder bags/man purses? Did Gap Stores provide some of the funding for the development of these figures, for the sake of product placement? (I have a bag very similar to these, and I got it at the Gap.) That's a minor, MINOR quibble--overall I'm really impressed with these. Thoughts?

More recommended from Mezco Toyz:

South Park Series 2 Mr. Hankey Action figure

Living Dead Dolls Edgar Allan Poe and Annabel Lee Set

Family Guy Action Figure Set

Miami Vice Action Figure Case


0 comments: