Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Movie Geekiness: the 1st teaser trailer for "Star Trek"

Well folks, here it is, the trailer that had the best chance of getting me out to the movies to catch Cloverfield this weekend, the teaser for J.J. Abrams' reimagined Star Trek(unfortunately, there's no decent YouTube version of it yet, so you'll have to jump over to the Paramount site to see it clearly):

Star Trek teaser

Ya know, though I've already seen it, IF by some miracle I make it out to a theater to see "Cloverfield" (and I've heard it's decent, as long as you don't sit in the first 10 rows of the theater and you don't mind jarring hand-held digital camera filmwork), I think I'd STILL get excited seeing this, hearing the music, seeing the ship. It's hard to tell from the view how much the Enterprise has been changed for this "reimagining", and there's already been quite a bit of fanboy debate put out there on the subject. I'm not going to get involved in that just yet--I want a better look at the damn thing first. Overall, I'm pretty optimistic.

Of course, I am EVER the optimist when it comes to "Trek" projects, but that's besides the point.

0 comments: